I am so excited to write this post, and really, I don't know why I didn't think to write it during last year's event. Let's see if I can get through composing this post without taking multiple laugh breaks; I'm not very optimistic about those odds!
I love so many characters in the Potterverse, but none crack me up like Fred and George do. Their humor will always be one of the highlights of the series for me, and today I'm reminiscing about a few of my very favorite instances of Fred and George hilarity from both the books and the films:
- I immediately knew I was going to love the twins the second I met them in Sorcerer's Stone, when Fred tricked Mrs. Weasley into thinking that he was George for a moment. "Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother?" still makes me chuckle.
- Near the end of Sorcerer's Stone, when Dumbledore tells Harry that Fred and George tried to send Harry a toilet seat while he was in the hospital wing. It just seems like a very Fred and George thing to do. XD
- In Prisoner of Azkaban, when the twins imitate (and mock) Percy's overly formal greeting to Harry in the Leaky Cauldron.
- Getting Dudley to eat Ton-Tongue Toffee in Goblet of Fire! He totally deserved the consequences!
- Fred and George's effort to get around Dumbledore's Age Line surrounding the Goblet of Fire, and their spectacular failure, LOL. The skirmish that breaks out between the twins in the GoF film makes this scene even funnier!
- Everything to do with Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes! U-No-Poo—BAHAHAHA!! Yes, I am easily amused by toilet humor. I also love how Ron tries to score a discount on merchandise for being their brother, and the twins refuse him! The first Deathly Hallows movie takes the humor even further, with Fred and George actually raising the price on poor Ron, LOL.
- I've saved my absolute favorite Fred and George moment for last—their unforgettable exit from Hogwarts. Harry needed a diversion so he could break into Umbridge's office and use her fireplace to talk to Sirius, and did Fred and George ever deliver on the diversion. The Portable Swamp is my favorite invention of theirs, and just the mental image of Filch and Umbridge failing to dispose of it brings me such immense joy. I was a bit bummed that the Portable Swamp didn't make it into the Order of the Phoenix film, but Fred and George's big screen departure made its own lasting impression.
What Fred and George moments made you laugh the most?