Fandom Mashups is a feature hosted by Lunar Rainbows Reviews. There's a different scenario each week, and you choose a "dream team" of five characters from five different fandoms whom you think are best suited for the situation.
This week's topic is:
The most badass villains of all have teamed up in a bid to takeover ALL the magical realms and our world is in danger in the process - Who are these troublesome bad guys and girls?
I tried to think specifically of villains/villainesses with ties to magic but kept coming up short after Voldemort, lol. So I ended up going with characters who don't necessarily have any kind of magic, but who I think would do anything to control this world and any other ones they could get their greedy hands on:
- Voldemort: It's scary enough to think of old Voldy taking over the wizarding world, but it's absolutely terrifying to think of him ruling any others, including the Muggle one, too!
- Apocalypse (X-Men): Most of what I know about the X-Men I learned from watching the 90's cartoon, lol, and there was a multi-episode arc featuring Apocalypse, who's also the villain of the most recent X-Men movie. In the cartoon, Apocalypse kidnapped a bunch of mutants with psychic abilities in the hopes of using their powers to control time itself so he could do whatever he wanted with the universe. So I can totally picture him trying to take over every magical realm in existence.
- Loki: This sounds exactly like his brand of diabolical plan, lol.
- The Joker: Wouldn't he just love to wreak havoc not just in our world, but in other ones as well?
- Cersei Lannister (Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire): On this past season of the TV series, Cersei showed just exactly how ruthless she can be. Why stop at ruling seven kingdoms when she could maybe add seven magical realms to her domain? XD