I love bookish tags, and this one especially because Ally constantly pitches me Would You Rather? scenarios, lol. Many thanks to Charlene at Bookish Whimsy for tagging me! (Credit for the original meme goes to booktuber Rachel Reads.)
1. Would you rather read only trilogies or standalones?
I read mostly series, despite how it's often painful to wait for sequels, so I will go with series here.
2. Would you rather read only male or female authors?
I've never given much thought to whether I've read more books by male or female authors; ultimately the main factor in whether or not I pick up a particular book is if I think I'll really enjoy the story. But, as Would You Rather? means I can't be wishy-washy with my choices, lol, I'll say female authors.
3. Would you rather shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?
I'm an Amazon Prime member and Kindle user, so I think that already gives me away here, lol. I used to be a frequent B & N shopper during my college days, but ordering from Amazon just became more and more convenient and often, more economical.
4. Would you rather all books become movies or TV shows?
Yet another tough question. I love all of the Harry Potter films, but I also love the TV adaptations of Game of Thrones and Outlander. I do think that TV offers the opportunity to keep more of the book details that otherwise might have to be cut for a movie adaptation, so I will say TV shows.
5. Would you rather read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
I wouldn't be able to only read 5 pages per day, even on really, really busy days, lol. I'd much rather set my goal at 5 books per week, even if I couldn't meet it.
6. Would you rather be a professional reviewer or author?
Writing a book one day is my ultimate fantasy, and I'd love to make it come true.
7. Would you rather read your top 20 favorite books over and over or or always read new ones you haven't read before?
These questions are so hard! I could easily pick 20 books to reread over and over again, but then I'd be sad over all the other books I'd be missing out on. So I'd prefer to read new books.
8. Would you rather be a librarian or a book seller?
Both would allow me to push my favorite books on people, lol, but I think I'd really love working in a library.
9. Would you rather only read your favorite genre or every genre except your favorite?
This is as difficult to answer as Question #7. Again, though, I'd rather have variety in my reading diet, although I'd really, really miss reading paranormal books.
10. Would you rather only read physical books or ebooks?
Finally—an easy one! Although I've been reading more eBooks since I got a Kindle about two years ago, I still read and buy mostly physical books. I like the smell of paper. I like the feel of a book in my hand. I like using physical bookmarks!
If you would like to join in on this fun tag, please leave me your link and I'll be sure to check out your post! :D